Domestic Revolution

7/20/11

Grumble

I am getting old. Its official. Not in that, "I am actually closer to death and therefore questioning my own mortality" way, more the "why does everything ache more than it used to, and the didn't this used to be FUN?" kind of way. I am very nearly 30, an age which seemed impossibly old when I was in high school, but now just seems like something people are as I get closer and closer to it. Yes mom, I know if I feel old, how do I think YOU feel? Probably pretty damn old I'm guessing.

I have never been one to worry about aging. I don't have a skin care regimen to speak of (despite Boss's attempts at correcting this) I smoke (I know I know spare the lecture) and I only remember my vitamins when PinkOne brings them to me at night time and forces me to take them. I've always figured, old is what you make it, and why fight what's meant to happen?

While getting ready this morning, I looked at my eyes, they have always been one of my favorite features (next to my boobs which are also not quite as fabulous as they once were) and damn. You know that thing you saw your mom do, where she pulls the skin back on her face to see what it would look like if it were just a bit tighter, just a bit younger looking? Yeah, I totally did that.  I looked like Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's so I stopped, but seriously, these are not the eyes of a young person anymore.

Things are popping, things are cracking, bedtime is getting earlier and earlier and I am starting to resent all of those young whippersnappers out at all hours of the day and night. Who are they to be galavanting?

With the exceedingly stressful events of the last year, I think my age is finally starting to catch up with me.  I think back to what it was like when PinkOne was first born, and all I remember is being exhausted.  Boss and I have discussed the possibility of future multi color headed children, and I wonder to myself, dear god if I was tired at 22, whats it going to be like at 29, 30? I'm tired just thinking about it.

Give me some hints blog-o-verse, what do you do to feel young again?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Well, I had a bit of a giggle over this. Though I do feel your pain. At nearly 60 I'm way over my head in trying to feel young again. The looking and feel old have completely taken over and there is no hope for me that I've found. Hoping for a botox/facelift/tummytuck, teeth implants has gone the way of the Other things are more important for retirement. But I do recommend you start a facial care routine now and don't stop!

Post a Comment