Domestic Revolution

1/11/10

Things I am too old for Vol 2



It's official, I'm 27.  Not quite old, but definitely on my way there. My husband, loving and wonderful man that he is decided to throw me a big ol' bash to celebrate this momentous occasion. Because in the past few years I've been reveling in the Mommy Track and doing the dowdy working mom thing, i haven't really wanted a party. Usually we go out for dinner, or have people over and he makes me steak. This is always nice, always sweet, and he has always made there was just the right amount of fuss over my for my birthday.

 This year however part of my New Years resolution was to set free my inner vixen and show on the outside, the person I have always been on the inside, I decided that I wanted a party to end parties. I have a new look, I’m losing weight, I've loosened up, I wanted to celebrate.

 My birthday turned into a 4 day extravaganza of awesome. We started on Thursday with a nice family dinner, cake and ice cream. I was gifted the new Harry Potter (sweet) and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (guess who picked that out?) and my sister and her boyfriend came over to play rock band. All in all, very satisfactory.

 Friday I left work early and took Lily in for a pedicure, freaking adorable by the way. I had my toes painted red sparkles with black tips (vixen-y right?) and lily did hers (guess) PINK!!! with flowers. My girlfriend was kind enough to take her for the evening as part of my birthday present so we had a nice, kid free dinner out, then ran to the train station to pick up my BFF to end all BFF's, Ms Shelli, and our very dear recently re-discovered friend Mary.

 This is where it all began.

 Mary doesn't need to let her vixen out. Her vixen is out, proud and loud. She is sexy and fun and amazing, and she has this ability to bring that out in everyone she is around.

 Mary and Shelli together are an unstoppable force of sexy, add me in the mix with new red and black toes and groovy new bangs, I don't know that Steve had any idea what he was in for.

 Then came Saturday.

 We partied. We partied like we have NEVER partied. We partied like we SHOULD have partied in college. There was dancing, there was drinking, there was corousing. There were 2, count them 2 noise complaints. Even our normally more reserved friends were giving lap dances to anyone who would accept them, turning up the tunes and taking shots.

A song was written and performed for me that made me laugh so hard I had an asthma attack, a sample line:

 "Amy...We love you. Amy....You love us too.  Amy...We know that you are oh so intelligent, your boobs are huge too...but that’s not relevant. OH AMY...We love you..." (while amusing, this is also based on an inside joke within our friend family. It involves not only my intellectual prowess, but some of my other equally outstanding attributes that were noticed by my husbands best friend Dan upon meeting me for the first time)

 I have been humming it ever since.

 Despite the fact that I now owe my neighbors pretty substantial muffin baskets, and my husband (who yes, ended up naked yet again despite my pleas for pants) will have to face several probably very shocked co-workers this morning , I had one of the better nights of my 27 years.

 The vixen definitely came out to play, and she brought with her the vixen of all her friends.

 Oh, and Sunday...We all laid on the couch until 5 pm passing the Tylenol saying over and over again:

 "We are OFFICALLY too old for this shit."

1 comment:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Sounds like an AWESOME birthday and party!! It's great to let loose when you have the chance. And you're never too old for it.....I'm 46!

Post a Comment