Domestic Revolution

1/1/10

Happy New Year!

I had a pretty great New Years this year and I have to say, this decade is looking up. Husband and I are celebrating our 4 year anniversary, pinkone will be turning 5 and I am inching ever closer to that first major milestone, 30.

In the spirit of things, i have made some resolutions, most of which I intend to keep this time around. However, i have only made one "stop" resolution, which is to quit smoking. Husband, and various friends have agreed to try this as well so hopefully together, we can last longer than the 2 months we lasted in 2009.

Instead of a bunch of other things i want to stop doing, i'm going to list a couple of things i want to START doing this year.

1) I resolve to let the Pinkone be the boss, of something. I'm told this might help with the attitude, and the general bossiness. were thinking maybe the hampster, or a toy.

2) I resolve to listen to music more. I love music, all kinds of music, and I haven't had time or inclination to listen in a long time. Short of my morning drive time.  I am finally, 5 years after everyone else, discovering pandora. With the help of the Music Genome project, I will increase my musical apptitudes.

3) I resolve to enjoy more alone time. Husband needs to date his daughter and mommy needs some alone time. This is a resolution I plan to uphold.

4) I resolve to do more chores. Okay, this one isn't fun. In our house, husband tends to do the bulk of the chores. While this is lovely, its not interly fair. I plan to help much more this year.

5) Finally, I resolve to do at least one fun thing with the pinkone that doesn't result in fighting, yelling, bossing or mocking a week. Its a good plan I think.

I've very excited about my plans, and i think i'm setting myself up for obtainable goals.

What sorts of resolutions have you guys out there in blog-topia made? If you didn't make any, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment