Domestic Revolution

12/31/09

Wierd Mom Trick #37



Going through my ever mounting pile of unfolded, yet clean, laundry I found this morning that while every table cloth I own is clean, my daughter had no pants.

Luckily, my darling husband had started a load of laundry last night and veritable treasure trove of tiny pants was currently spinning its way toward usefulness in my dryer. When i opened the dryer however, i was disheartened to find that most of said treasure trove was still just damp enough to be rendered uncomfortable by the pink one.

In a momentary, and fleeting, flash of brilliance that can only come at 630am, I took one of the tiny, damp pants from the dryer and placed it in the microwave for 1 minute. A  last ditch effort to have warm dry pants for my child.

Did it work?

Kind of , yeah!

When I pulled the tiny pink pants from the microwave, they were extremely hot, and much more dry (thank you to MBF for the microwave, fantastic Christmas gift!) While I did have to wait a few seconds for them to cool down, by the time i had pink one out of the bath and ready for clothes, they were dry.

That is, until I saw that I had placed them in a puddle of apple juice that had somehow made its way to my coffee table.

So much for that.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Priceless post.
Right in a puddle of apple juice!!! LMAO

Oh, my goodness ~ I've soooo had days like that.
And all the table cloths are clean, but no pants... classic.

Happy new year to you... thanks for making the bloggy world a brighter place ;)

Post a Comment