Domestic Revolution

4/27/10

*Bang Head Here*

Such stress. So many things happening, so little motivation to blog.

I'm sorry blog-o-verse, and I'm even more sorry that this is propably the 11th i'm sorry i'm slacking blog I've written.

My child is driving me bonkers, so thats nothing new but now its even more special because she has this great new catch phrase; "nobody likes me, they only like the baby"

The baby is in refrence to our friend Sarahs adorable son  Lucas who stays with us on occasion. I wouldn't say he gets any more attention than any other child that comes in and out of our lives, but she has decided that his very existence somehow demeans her position in our lives.

Per The Pinkone: "If you like Riley (Lukey's sister) the you can't like me"

Per Mommy: "How is that true? I love you the most because you're my baby girl, but liking Riley doesn't make me like you any less"

Per the Pinkone: "No. If you like Riley, if you this she's pretty, then you hate me and i'm ugly."

Per Mommy: "okay, i guess i hate you, you ugly thing."

Per the Pinkone: "BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Propably not my best parenting move, but seriously, she has been saying this over and over and over again this last week. It propably has to do with Sarah staying with us, and the fact that we've been looking for another place to live. Too much change for a tiny person.

Any ideas on helping the almost 5 year old cope with change? Or how to convice her that loving others doesn't make us love her less?

No comments:

Post a Comment