Domestic Revolution

3/21/11

A Poor Decision...

Sometimes I do things that in the moment, seem like a perfectly good idea. Most recently this list of ridiculous includes the cutting of my bangs at 6am…with dull scissors. So while in the moment, my only thoughts are “wouldn’t I look cute with betty page bangs again?” but a few seconds later I’m standing over a sink with a handful of hair and a look of sheer terror plastered across my face. The bangs could be worse, but this particular event illustrates perfectly the type of person I am.

 I am impatient and rather impetuous. I usually know what I want and rather than research it and hem and haw on it, I just do it. Sometimes this turns out poorly, other times, this results in some pretty awesome stories if nothing else. Most of the time, i'm fairly happy with the decisions I make, though others around me may doubt the capability of my decision making skills.  Below lies a list of a few of the less than perfect choices I've made on the spur of the moment and their humerous consequences.

 1) Once decided that because I couldn’t afford a wax, that shaving the arch of my eyebrows would be a good plan. As I’m working on this, my roommate walks in, startling me. This resulted in 1.5 eyebrows where two should have lived.

 2) At a party one night, I thought that I might take it upon myself to flirt copiously with a young man who had recently shown up. The last thing I remember was laying my head on his lap. From the accounts afterward, I was drug into the bathroom where I alternated vomiting and farting for about an hour. I know I woke up in my own bed and my friend had me buy her a new rug. Oddly, dude never called.

 3) Sisters and I decided to take an impromptu camping trip the day after my dad’s funeral. As the most grownup of all of us, I was kind of in charge of figuring things out. Well, we forgot food, pillows and wood. Eventually a parent showed up and helped, oh and don’t worry, we had the Coleman stove, no propane…but the stove was there.

 So, those are just a couple of prime examples why I’m not to be trusted to make important decisions. My daughter, being cut from a similar cloth, makes decisions in much the same way. Does it sound easier/faster/cheaper/more fun than doing it the way it SHOULD be done? Well…then you have your answer.

Room needs to be clean? Well it seems like it would be more fun to throw all of our toys out the window and into the yard than acctually pick them up and put them away. Time to eat dinner? Rather than enjoy our apple sauce, why not add garlic powder, maple syrup and cayanne to it? just to see what happens. Ooh and then ask mom to try it and look sad faced when she refuses.

 There is no actual reason for posting this other than to make sure everyone has just a little bit more to make fun of me about ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment