Domestic Revolution

2/10/10

A Song...by The Pinkone



The Pinkone is really into singing lately. She has written a number of lovely little dittys.

"Matt Can't Come to my Birthday Party because he Farted on my Stuff",

"Dan Stinks but I Want to Marry Him Anyway",

"Sometimes, Anytime, You like to do what you want to do anytime that you want to do it", and

"Daddy is Mean-I like Mommy Best"

to name a few recent hits. Last night, she belted out a particularly amusing little number I thought I might share.

I Want to Go Out-by Lily age 4-sung in the manor of an epic power ballad

I want to go ooooooooooout

anywhere, any time i want to go oooooooout

I want to make my parents happy wif me

and go oooooooooooooout

I don't need a doll house, or a kitchen set, or a picture or my books

I just want to go ooooooooooout

Like Idgie, who's a doooooooooooog and Meena, who's a caaaaaaaaaaat

 I want to go ooooooooooooooout

(higher now)

I can't sleeeeeeeeep, I'm not tired, I want to gooooooo ooooooooooooooout

and make my mom come wif me........

(lower and slower)

I.....want.....to go.......OOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT!

Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it folks? You also have to imagine that she is throwing her head back, closing her eyes and belting this song as loud as her little voice can. She has all the soul of Dinah Washington my daughter. And don't worry, we're taking her out today.

[caption id="attachment_528" align="aligncenter" width="228" caption="dinah washington"][/caption]

3 comments:

Michele said...

That was awesome!!!
Cracking me right up with that last one as well.
I can totally picture it too...
Trinity does stuff/songs like that all the time!

Too funny,
thanks for sharing ;)

Unknown Mami said...

You should record it and use it as your ringtone.

BLR said...

... reading your blog, and realizing sometimes I am some of you:)

Following your lovely blog from MBC.
----------------------------------
http://olahmomma.com, a mom's blog

Post a Comment